Title: Land Surveyor Party Chief
Garing, Taylor & Associates, Inc. (GTA, garingtaylor.com), is seeking a Land Survey Party Chief with the following qualifications:
- Minimum of ten years of diverse survey experience required.
- PLS License preferred but not required
- Must have strong supervisory skills.
- Must be proficient with Topcon equipment. (GPS, Robotics, Total Stations, Levels, and Data Collectors).
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be physically able to work outdoors and on project sites under all weather.
Examples of Duties
- Serves as a lead to staff to include assigning and monitoring work, and providing direction in performing various land survey operations
- Leads and participates in a variety of land survey operations such as boundary, topography, leveling, design, as-built, and maintaining horizontal and vertical control networks utilizing a full range of survey equipment
- Prepares and verifies mathematical calculations related to surveying and basic engineering; computes and adjusts angles, distances, bearings, traverses, and elevations; interprets and computes field data, and evaluates for accuracy and completeness; maintains accurate survey- and non-survey-related records in the form of field notes, reports, and sketches; maintains vertical and horizontal control notes in files, field book, and computer
- Gathers field survey data through use of conventional and Global Positioning System (GPS) methods; sets up, adjusts, and operates surveying equipment, including electronic total station, data collector, and GPS equipment, in order to measure distances, elevations, and angles; prepares field notes and drawings
- Conducts project research, secures equipment, uses safety techniques, performs the survey operation, handles the equipment, records data, and performs other associated duties for the purpose of delivering a successful project
- Prepares and maintains a variety of records, logs, diaries, and/or other related documentation
- Analyzes record data, deeds, and plats for property and boundary control
- Answers questions and provides information to the public concerning surveying activities
- Tracks and maintains survey supplies such as stakes and marking equipment; ensures safety devices are present and in use as appropriate; may place traffic control devices and/or direct traffic
- Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
Here at GTA, we offer many career opportunities for our employees with benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k). If you would like to be a part of an enthusiastic team devoted to serving the central coast, please email Ron Reilly at email@example.com with your resume, and a paragraph or two about why you are a fit for the position.