Garing, Taylor & Associates, Inc. (GTA), has been growing due to our expanding catalog of exciting projects! Currently, we are seeking a Senior Civil Engineer with an exceptional track record in land development and/or Public Works projects.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria (at a minimum):
1) Engineering Degree;
2) Certified Professional Engineer;
3) Certified QSD;
4) Extremely well-organized;
5) Resident Engineer and/or Deputy Engineer public works inspection experience;
6) At least 7 years of experience designing residential, commercial and/or public works projects;
7) Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems with creative solutions;
8) Demonstrated proficiency completing complex designs without assistance; and
9) Demonstrated leadership abilities.
Examples of the Duties of the Successful Candidate:
- Develops relationships with new clients and helps to preserve and strengthen existing relationships.
- Prepares proposals and accurately estimates costs and schedules for completion for services provided.
- Prepares detailed designs for complex grading, utility or other land-development or Public Works problems.
- Works with junior staff to present flood studies, hydraulic studies and other water resources or wastewater-related study/report efforts.
- Leads and organizes teams of drafters and designers towards the completion of large projects.
- Leads construction inspection efforts and trains junior staff to perform such inspections.
- Coordinates designs with local jurisdictions and utility service providers.
- Prepares complex quantity take-offs and engineer’s estimates.
GTA offers a regionally competitive compensation and benefits package. Presently, GTA is not offering relocation packages to candidates that may be out of the region.
Candidates should be ego/drama-free.
Please respond with your resume, a paragraph or two about why you are a fit for the position and your wage requirements.
Best of luck to you!